From ELVIS In Memphis - Edição de Luxo

Fórum destinado a postagem de assuntos relacionados a vida e obra de Elvis Presley

From ELVIS In Memphis - Edição de Luxo

Mensagempor Douglas » Qui Mai 21, 2009 8:56 pm

A Sony anunciou o relançamento do CD From Elvis In Memphis numa edição comemorativa e de luxo !! Consta que o álbum será remasterizado,a partir das matrizes originais (??? difícil, pois as matrizes originais se perderam ou parte delas, por ex. Suspicious Minds se perderam os tapes dos trompetes) para uma melhor qualidade sonora e tb. terá as 32 faixas originais da sessão do American. Vamos aguardar.

From Elvis In Memphis Re-issue - Update
In January & February 1969, Elvis entered the 'American Sound Studios' in Memphis and went
on to record some of his greatest work. Sony Music will release a deluxe version of "From Elvis In Memphis" to commemorate the anniversary of these recordings. This re-issue will include all 32 masters recorded at these sessions. The recordings have been remastered from the original album masters for optimum sound quality.

Ernst Jorensen said to Elvis Unlimited that the idea for this re-issue is a deluxe boxset type with a nice booklet and maybe even a DVD. This release will not be released on the Follow That Dream collector's label but globally on the SONY / BMG label.

Update May 21, 2009:

EPE posted the following update on their site:

To commemorate the 40th Anniversary of Elvis' historic American Studio session that resulted in "Suspicious Minds," "In the Ghetto" and "Kentucky Rain" among many others, Sony Music will release a deluxe version of From Elvis In Memphis, including all the 32 masters recorded at these sessions. These recordings have been remastered from the original album masters for optimum sound quality. More details on the release to come.

In honor of the anniversary and release, The Memphis Boys, who played with Elvis on the historic session, and joined by Ernst Jorgensen, will be on stage at Conversation on Elvis to share their memories of what went on during this amazing session.

The Memphis Boys, Bobby Emmons, Bobby Wood, Gene Chrisman, Mike Leech and Reggie Young, are a rhythm section whose professional careers began in and around Memphis in the early sixties. They played on more hit recordings at that time during a six month period than any other studio rhythm section in history, according to Billboard Magazine. They also played on Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline," Willie Nelson's "Always on My Mind," B.J. Thomas' "Hooked on a Feeling," Herbie Mannand's "Memphis Underground" and Billy Swan's "I Can Help." For complete bios on all The Memphis Boys, visit their site.

Producer and catalog expert Ernst Jorgensen has been instrumental in the revival of Elvis Presley’s body of recordings for more than a decade; the box sets he co-produced for RCA, including The King of Rock ‘n’ Roll, From Nashville to Memphis, Walk a Mile in My Shoes, and Platinum: A Life in Music, have been nominated for Grammy Awards and have sold well over a million copies. He is also author of the definitive account of Elvis’ recording sessions, Elvis Presley: A Life in Music. Ernst is instrumental in the development of each release on the Follow That Dream label.

From Wikipedia:

From Elvis in Memphis is the thirty-fourth album, not counting budget compilations on the RCA Camden subsidiary, by Elvis Presley, released on RCA Records, LSP 4155, in June 1969. Recorded at American Sound Studios in Memphis, it peaked at #13 on the Billboard 200, and is considered by many critics to be his best album. In 2003, the album was ranked number 190 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.

Many of the songs recorded at American by Presley derived from the country and western repertoire, such as the 1962 hit "It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'" by Johnny Tillotson, Hank Snow's #1 country smash in 1950, "I'm Movin' On," and Eddy Arnold's 1947 chestnut, "I'll Hold You In My Heart." Even the more modern, late sixties country approach in "Gentle On My Mind" found a place. By including these songs, along with contemporary soul such as Jerry Butler's recent "Only the Strong Survive," like Ray Charles earlier in the decade with Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music, Presley reinforced the musical links between country and rhythm and blues.

Chuck Jackson had sung the original Top 40 version of "Any Day Now" by Burt Bacharach in 1962, and future country singer and 1970s television star Mac Davis provided "In the Ghetto," Presley's stab at a message or protest song aligned with the times. Released as the lead single on April 14, two months before the album hit the stores, it went to #3 on the singles chart, and provided another break with his public image as cultivated by the escapist fare of his sixties film career.

The reissue of May 16, 2000, includes six tracks released as either A or b sides recorded at the same sessions for the album. "Don't Cry Daddy," also by Davis, and "Kentucky Rain" were both sizeable hits in 1970, but "Suspicious Minds" became one of Presley's signature tunes, and gave him the final chart-topper of his career as the decade came to a close.

Fonte: elvisnews e outros
Douglas
Wall Of Fame
Wall Of Fame

Voltar para Elvis Presley