Showroom Internationale

Fórum destinado a postagem de assuntos relacionados a vida e obra de Elvis Presley

Re: Showroom Internationale

Mensagempor Renan » Ter Ago 04, 2009 8:15 am

Ainda aguardando mais detalhes deste lançamento.........
Renan
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Mensagempor Douglas » Ter Ago 04, 2009 1:51 pm

Parece que esse lançamento só em outubro... Até lá o negócio é esperar.
Acredito que mais alguns dias devem sair detalhes do show inédito.
Douglas
Wall Of Fame
Wall Of Fame

Mensagempor Douglas » Sáb Ago 08, 2009 6:15 pm

Alguém tem notícias do Black Angel In Vegas? Vale a pena esse lançamento ou a gente pode deixar passar? A qualidade do soundboard e do show valem a pena?
quem sabe de algo, ou já baixou em mp3 prá comentar algo?
Douglas
Wall Of Fame
Wall Of Fame

Mensagempor Sergio Biston » Seg Ago 10, 2009 3:52 pm

Tracklist divulgado

DISC ONE
JANUARY 28TH, 1971 MIDNITE SHOW
1. 2001 Theme 2. That’s All Right 3. I Got A Woman 4. Love Me Tender 5. You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me 6. Sweet Caroline 7. You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling 8. Polk Salad Annie 9. Introductions (Part 1) 10. Johnny B. Goode 11. Introductions (Part 2) 12. Something 13. Introductions (Part 3) 14. The Wonder Of You 15. Heartbreak Hotel 16. Blue Suede Shoes 17. Hound Dog 18. One Night 19. Teddy Bear 20. Suspicious Minds 21. Instrumental 22. The Impossible Dream
BONUS TRACKS 23. There Goes My Everything (Jan 27 MS) 24. Make The World Go Away (Jan 27 MS) 25. Only Believe (Jan 27 MS) 26. It’s Now Or Never (Jan 28 DS) 27. Snowbird (Jan 29 DS)

DISC TWO
FEBRUARY 23RD, 1971 DINNER SHOW
1. 2001 Theme 2. That’s All Right 3. I Got A Woman/By The Time I Get To Phoenix 4. Love Me Tender (Intro Only)/ Love Me 5. Mystery Train/Tiger Man 6. Sweet Caroline 7. You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling 8. Polk Salad Annie 9. Something 10. Johnny B. Goode 11. How Great Thou Art 12. Don’t Be Cruel 13. Heartbreak Hotel 14. Blue Suede Shoes 15. Bride Over Troubled Water 16. Little Sister/Get Back 17. Hound Dog 18. Suspicious Minds (Spliced with Jan 28 DS) 19. The Impossible Dream (Jan 28 DS)
Source: e-mail - August 10, 2009
Imagem
Sergio Biston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mensagempor luiz henrique » Seg Ago 10, 2009 11:18 pm

A box sai dia 24 , ta quase ae.
Life is messy
I feel like Elvis Presley
At a very early age
They put you in a cage
And they push you out on stage
Life is messy

Rodney Crowell - Life Is Messy
luiz henrique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mensagempor Sergio Biston » Ter Ago 11, 2009 12:10 am

Parece que o show é excelente. Resenha postada por King Of The Jungle, do fórum FECC:

Showroom Internationale' focuses on Elvis's January-February 1971 engagement at the International Hotel in Las Vegas. It features two concerts: The January 28th Midnight Show, previously released by Fort Baxter as 'Lean, Mean, and Kickin' Butt', and the February 23rd Dinner Show, which was previously unreleased. The CD's come inside a 90-plus page full color book, held on proper CD spindles this time. It seems the producers at International wisely avoided the foam rubber disasters that were used on 'The Complete Works'. The hardback book is housed is a beautiful slipcase, much like 'The Complete Works'.

However, as someone who found 'The Complete Works' book to be just adequate, the book for 'Showroom Internationale' is simply stunning. Where the former contained mostly pictures I had seen before, the latter contains many new and rare beauties from this engagement. In fact, I would say it has just as many new (to me) pictures as it has familiar ones, including one super-rare full color shot of Elvis wearing the White Cisco suit with black inserts- wow! It also features pictures of rare memorabilia, and a smartly written text about 1971. I would also mention that the graphic design has been kicked up a notch as well, where 'The Complete Works' was decent, 'Showroom Internationale' is awesome.

Now onto the main event- the shows.

The first disc, as i said before, is the January 28th Midnight Show previously released as 'Lean, Mean, and Kickin' Butt'. We all know it's a very strong show, but in this release it sounds better than ever as it has been remastered from a brand-new transfer of the original tape by our old friends at the Diamond Anniversary (DAE) label! It looks like after they were burned on the sound of 'The Complete Works' set, International sought out a known quantity to handle it this time. Well, the DAE team lives up to it's reputation, because this new disc leaves the old release sounding flat and lifeless by comparison. CD 1 is filled out with bonus tracks of rare songs from other shows in the engagement. The bonus tracks don't have the same level of sound improvement as the main show (perhaps they were not working with the original tapes on these), but are a nice addition for those who don't have them in some other form.

The second disc features the February 23rd Dinner Show, which simply the best show yet released from 1971. Period. In Capital Letters. Better than Boston. The mix on the show, as with most soundboards is largely accidental, but is also fortunately an ass-kicker. The mighty Tutt-Scheff rhythm section is mixed right up front, as is Elvis's vocal and the backup singers. James Burton (unfortunately) and the orchestra (fortunately) are mixed somewhat in the background. Elvis's voice is clear as a bell, with very minimal distortion. International also teamed of with DAE for the restoration and mastering on this show, so it sounds great as well. The performance is what really shines though. Elvis tears through 'That's All Right' and 'I Got A Woman' with a ferocity that in every way equals his 1969 vocal power. The performance of 'I Got A Woman' on this show is arguably the best performance of the song since the 1956 studio master. It's brilliant, and energetic. Everything one hopes of from Elvis's performances of this period. He teases the audience by faking them into thinking he's going to perform 'Love Me Tender' before switching to 'Love Me', which is an unusually good performance for a post-70 show. What's great about Elvis's vocal performance in this show is that he is pushing himself, and taking chances vocally, sometimes they miss (in 'You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'), but usually they are right on target (in the incredibly inspired versions of 'How Great Thou Art' and 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' from this show). 'How Great Thou Art' is hands down the best early live performance I have heard, performed with a determined focus that leaves you with chill bumps. He then offers three rockin' versions of old classics 'Don't Be Cruel', Heartbreak Hotel', and 'Blue Suede Shoes' that have the same amount of passion as the TTWII versions. 'Bridge' is probably the best post-70 version I have heard. 'Little Sister/Get Back' is an interesting version with a very cool ending. 'Hound Dog' is fire-breathing. The tape ran out 3/4ths of the way through 'Suspicious Minds', which is a shame because the way the show was going, I think we were robbed of the definitive version of 'The Impossible Dream', but I am very glad for what has survived.

I am interested to see what everyone else thinks once they get their copies, but I am pretty sure there will be many that share my enthusiasm for this show. I just got this release Friday, and have already listened to CD2 five times. It's the best soundboard in terms of show quality that I have heard in a looong time, and I already rank it with my favorite ever soundboard releases (Just Pretend, If You Talk In Your Sleep, It's A Matter Of Time, and Opening Night Jan 70). I think it's safe to say that those who buy this release will be more than satisfied with it.

Em vermelho: IO segundo disco é simplesmente o melhor show de 1971. Ponto final. Em letras maiúsculas. Melhor que Boston.

Consegui na sexta e já escutei o CD 2 cinco vezes. É o melhor soundboard em termos de qualidade do show que ouço em muito tempo e já o coloco entre os meus soundboards favoritos. (Just Pretend, If You Talk In Your Sleep, It's A Matter Of Time, and Opening Night Jan 70).
Imagem
Sergio Biston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mensagempor Douglas » Ter Ago 25, 2009 9:30 pm

Eu nunca ví um lançamento tão concorrido como esse. No ebay só vendiam mediante pagamento imediato. Hoje quando retornei para fechar o negócio já estava esgotado. Um único vendedor vendeu 23 ´cópias. Um outro 8, todos na noite de ontem. Agora já estão surgindo caixas avulsas onde vale a maior oferta, já se acabou o "buy it now".

Não entendí o que aconteceu com esse lançamento, afinal, o Black Angels está á venda em vários vendedores. Será que toda essa correria foi por conta do show inédito? Será que realmente é o que estão dizendo que o show é melhor que o de Boston/1971??? Será que foi um bom marketing?

A minha aposta é que muitos vendedores estão segurando esse lançamento na esperança de ganharem mais, estão apostando na forte procura e consequentemente um aumento de preço.

Realmente se trata um lançamento de luxo prá ninguém botar defeito.

Para ouvir alguns samples desse lançamento ( a qualidade sonora é ótima):

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/audio_s ... 1971.shtml

Sorte de quem conseguiu comprar...
Douglas
Wall Of Fame
Wall Of Fame

Mensagempor Sergio Biston » Ter Set 08, 2009 12:02 am

Recebi o meu sábado. Presentão de feriadão :-D
Simplesmente sensacional. Acho que o melhor lançamento pirata dessa primeira década de 2000. O selo internationale fez tudo aquilo que a Venus production tentou fazer com o Black Angels in Vegas e não conseguiu. A diferença começa com os CDs que ao invés de serem enfiados num plástico na contracapa, são encaixados em pinos de acrilico.
O livro é muito caprichado, melhor que os livretos que acompanhavam as caixas da BMG/SONY.
Aquilo que o amigo Douglas comentou no tópico do Black Angels sobre querer que cada temporada fosse representada da mesma forma, se concretiza com esse lançamento.
Análise:
http://www.elvisbrasil.com.br/epbrasil/ ... ionale.htm
Imagem
Sergio Biston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mensagempor Rogério » Sex Set 11, 2009 2:14 pm

Qdo acabarem as 999 (número cabalístico? Pq não 1000?)

Eu também me pergunto. Mas, minha teoria é que deve ser por causa do número da besta. Basta ler de cabeça para baixo que dá 666. Tá na Bíblia. :mrgreen:
Rogério
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mensagempor Sergio Biston » Ter Set 15, 2009 7:03 pm

Acho que agora com esse lançamento podemos pintar um panorama muito mais favorável dessa primeira temporada de 1971.
Ela não é assim tão profissional como as anteriores mas acho que a energia na maioria dos shows é superior as temporadas de 1970. Se somarmos esses registros em som ( All Things Are Possible e os shows do Showroom Internationale com o que temos em vídeo ( DVD Adrenaline) temos um excelente material desse período que deixa bem claro o bom nível da temporada. Esse show de encerramento na minha opinão só perde para o show de Boston do mesmo ano.
Com esse nível de energia eu só lembro de alguns poucos outros como o próprio Boston 71, Lean Mean Kickin Butt, alguns dos shows bizarros de final de 1974 como o Dragon Heart e Dayton, o Dallas em 1976 e os shows de 1969 e primeira temporada de 1970.
Imagem
Sergio Biston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anterior

Voltar para Elvis Presley